- To establish a table at which the CEOs of Canadian larger social/affordable housing providers can meet to collaborate on strategies and policies that improve all aspects of organizational/operational performance and maximize value.
- To provide three levels of peer exchange for CEOs and senior level staff:
- Intentional exchange of information on policies, practices and areas of common interest
- Deeper collaboration and exploration on areas identified as priorities
- Extending these collaborations into joint ventures that participants, or a subset of participants, can work on together
- To support and promote innovation and creative approaches with regard to the future of affordable housing; including new housing forms and alternative financing.
- To provide a better understanding of how common issues/problems/ challenges are approached in respective corporations in each geographic area.
- To identify common areas of activity and converging trends, where the sharing of experience, expertise and good practice can help contribute to more effective/ efficient performance and/or improvements to service quality.
Spirit of Collaboration
HPC members recognize the value that sector and leadership-based organizations offer. The work of HPC is not meant to duplicate or compete with the necessary work of these organizations. HPCs peer-exchange based approach lends itself to seeking partners where missions and goals are aligned. HPC will engage with these organizations where appropriated to seek out collaborative partnerships related to the business priorities established annually by HPC.